Work permit related news

Vacancies for foreign professionals will be available on the new website This is the first site to present a summary of vacancies in Finland that do not require Finnish. The site is also a concrete tool to support Finnish companies in recruiting international talents. Business Finland offers the service in cooperation with...

Migri: If you are planning a holiday abroad, make sure to check that your residence permit card is valid. If you are waiting for a new residence permit card or if the Finnish Immigration Service is processing your residence permit application, you should wait until your card arrives before travelling.

If you are coming to Finland for seasonal work from a non-EU country, you will need a permit for seasonal work. Seasonal work refers to work in agriculture and tourism that is done at certain times of the year. For example ski resorts employ seasonal workers during the winter. The maximum length of seasonal work is nine months.

Finland's Ministry of the Interior says that work-based immigration applications have increased in popularity since 2017. The majority of applications for a residence permit for an employed person concerned manual labour (53% of applicants). The second highest number applied for a residence permit based on specialist tasks (14%).

A report by Yle's investigative journalism unit MOT has revealed how undocumented workers, that is those living and working in Finland without a residence permit, are being exploited by employers in a number of different industries.

The Finnish Immigration Service (Migri) announced on Thursday that a total of 139 construction workers from Uzbekistan have received deportation orders since the beginning of the year, over the workers' poorly-forged education credentials.

International House Helsinki (IHH), offering services to international newcomers, will open its doors to new facilities on 3 April. Following the removal, IHH will offer more services. In the future, EU citizens can visit International House Helsinki to register their right of residence.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site, you agree to our use of cookies.

Privacy policy